- All faculty, staff and students are required to purchase a current parking permit and display it if they park a vehicle on campus.
- At the time you receive your permit, you will receive a copy of the parking and traffic regulations. This is an important document that should be read thoroughly if you plan to park on campus. Parking and traffic regulations are in effect 24 hours a day.
- 880 -8696
Religious Service Centers
- Baptist Student Ministries 838-1450
- Catholic Student Center 835-3972
- Church of Christ Student Center 832-4498
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Center 833-5642
- Student Association-Latter Day Saints 838-1622
- Wesley Foundation 833-4329
All International students are required to have health insurance for the duration of their stay in the United States. Lamar University requires international students to purchase the university student plan. Our goal is to guarantee adequate health insurance coverage for students and their dependents inside the US.
The Health Insurance Plan is provided by Academic Health Plan (AHP). Additional information including policy benefits may be found at www.academichealthplans.com/lamar/.
Semester Plan Costs:
All registered International students taking one (1) or more credit hours are required to participate in the insurance plan on a mandatory basis. The health insurance fee will be added to the student account and must be paid along with tuition and fees for the fall and spring semester.
Exception to this policy:
- Students employed as Graduate/Research/Teaching Assistant and are elected by the hiring Department to be covered by the State Health Insurance benefits plan (thru Lamar HR). Students are not permitted to register for any semester without proof of health insurance coverage.
- Recipients of a scholarship from the Government of Saudi Arabia that include health coverage. Health insurance requirement will be waived for the length of the scholarship. Once the scholarship expires, students are required to submit an updated financial guarantee indicating a new expiration date or purchase the health insurance with LU’s health insurance program.
Note: If you have dependents with you in the U.S., the annual premium will be higher and they are required to have health insurance coverage with the same insurance company. In addition, dependents are not eligible to receive medical services from the Lamar University Student Health Center.
Health Insurance Dependent Agreement: F-2 dependents will no longer be required to purchase health insurance coverage with Lamar University’s (LU) current health insurance provider, Academic Health Plans (AHP). Please refer to the agreement below for details.
Please refer to Student Health Center
Students at Lamar are encouraged to form various clubs and associations to promote the cultural diversity and enrich student lives. Please refer to the following link to get names and contact information of student clubs:
Campus Security and Safety
Student safety is Lamar’s first priority, our police department has 24/7 patrol system both on campus and around campus area to guarantee the safety of our students on and off campus.
- Security officers on duty 24 hrs/7 days a week
- Crime prevention programs (e.g., Rape Aggression Defense program)
- Student Advisory Board
- Monitor parking lots and provide security escorts
- Unlock buildings/rooms (if authorized)
- Lost and found