SEVIS Transfer-Out Form – Current Students
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
- Complete and submit this form, along with a copy of the acceptance letter by the school to which you intent to transfer. (Completion of this form authorizes Lamar University to release your SEVIS record to the Institution indicated in this form).
- The “new” school will issue an I-20 to you after the release date that you indicate below. (Provided that you have completed the other admission requirements).
- Although you may be applying to multiple new schools, Lamar University may indicate only one transfer school in SEVIS
- If you decide to cancel your school transfer, you must notify the International Student Services before your transfer release date—once the transfer release date has been reached, Lamar University will no longer have access to your SEVIS record.
* Guidelines for choosing your release date:
- If you are currently enrolled at Lamar University, and you plan to enroll at the new university in the next available semester, you should consider the following:
- The release date should be no later than the first class day at the new university.
- You can only work at the university that controls your SEVIS Record. You cannot work at Lamar University once classes begin at the new university or your release date arrives, whichever comes first.
- Once the semester ends at Lamar University and you leave the U.S., you must reenter the U.S. on the new school’s I-20 and stop working at Lamar University.
- If you are currently on OPT, the release date should be the same date as the expiration date of your EAD card, unless you wish to begin your program sooner. Chose the date you plan to stop working and resume your degree program.
- For current students: I understand that I will no longer be eligible for on-campus employment following the release date, noted above. I understand that if I leave the U.S., I should not re-enter the U.S. on Lamar University’s I-20 or DS-2019.
- If you are requesting a transfer following OPT: I understand that I will no longer be eligible to work, using the EAD card, following the release date. If there is any remaining time on the EAD card, I understand that I will forfeit any remaining time.
 You must also submit a letter from any employers while on OPT, stating your job title, dates of employment, whether it was full or part-time, and that the position was commensurate with your degree level and directly related to your major field of study (employer must specifically list major and level of degree).
 If you were not employed any time while on OPT, please write a letter To Whom It May Concern: that states that you were not employed at any time while you were on OPT.